RE: Engine Pulling - guibo bolts direction

> <...Regarding the guibo bolts, you are not the first to
> suggest that they should be arranged with the transmission
> yolk bolts entering from the rear of the car and the
> driveshaft yolk bolts entering from the front of the car.
> This is a really old car with several PO's and lord knows how
> many mechanics involved.  All of these bolts entered from the
> front. To the digesti, can someone with a low mileage car
> with unmolested guibo's take a look.  It only makes since for
> the bolts to alternate direction.>

The bolts on the transmission yolk should point backwards.  IIRC, if you
point them forwards there will be interference.

The other three bolts should go in from the other direction.  I think
it's easier to disconnect the driveshaft from the giubo that way.

bs