: Re: Engine Pulling - guibo bolts direction

I> : Re: Engine Pulling - guibo bolts direction
all,
I thought I'd wade in on this one as I recently replaced the guibo on my
"un-molested" 71 1750 GTV (in the family since new, and I know the guibo is
the original). Both sets of bolts entered from the front (trans side.) The
only way I could find to remove them was to rotate the driveshaft after
removal of 1 bolt at a time. There is 1 spot toward the driver's side where
you can push the bolts back far enough to remove them. Then I rotated the
driveshaft far enough to remove the next bolt at the same location. Still a
bitch of a job and I cursed the Italians (little hands, strong arms maybe?)
every time I've done it. (recently did an engine swap on my 73 Berlina and
had the same problem.)

Jim Hart
Oceanside Ca
71 GTV