Air Impact Wrench for Pinion Nut?

I've got a really stuck pinion nut on the rear axle of my 115 LSD. I need to replace the seal, but cannot get the nut to budge with a large 1/2 drive ratchet. I made the special tool (ring nut socket) per the excellent article on the St Louis Club web page:

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/3837/ringtool.html

I'm considering the purchase of an air impact wrench. This type of air tool is offered with a wide variety of specifications and prices. The most expensive impact wrenches have a up to 450 to 500 ft.lbs. of torque, while the low price versions are rated at 200-250 ft. lbs. of torque.

My question: How much "power" do I need to loosen that pesky pinion nut at the differential?

Thanks, //KCT, Powell TN --