rear spider scripts

>Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:04:51 -0400
>From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: rear Spider badging

>Hi Group:

>I'll concur with all that Tim says on badging.  I'm the second owner of my
>'74 Spider, and have had two '72's in the past (back when they weren't too
>far from new).  All 3 cars had (from left to right) the pinned 'Iniezione',
>the '2000' stuck on with double-sided black foam/tape, and the pinned 'Alfa
>Romeo' script.  Alfa did make a '2000' badge with pins, but that was only
>used on the GTV's

Hey guys,
I must have the odd car of the bunch. I have a 73 spider with pinned "2000"
script on the left rear and the pinned "Alfa Romeo" script on the right rear.
I went so far as to check my 74 spider parts car and it has a pinned
"inezione" badge on the left (that does not fit the holes in the 73 car) and
the Alfa Romeo on the right rear. I checked the holes in the 73 closely to see
if they had been drilled by a previous owner but they seem to be factory
holes. I even bought a new pinned "2000" script to replace the dulled original
that I took off. BTW..my car is the 115.02 USA spec spider with rectangular
side marker lights so definitely not Euro model. also has the one peice metal
side farina crown emblems with threaded studs holding them on. so i guess this
is more mystery to the mix.. :) if its any help, my serial is AR3041255.

Keith S.
73 spider (95% correct, had to have that carpet)