Re: Engine Pulling

At 06:54 AM 7/1/02 -0500, Kevin Smith wrote:
>Regarding the guibo bolts, you are not the first to suggest that they should
>be arranged with the transmission yolk bolts entering from the rear of the
>car and the driveshaft yolk bolts entering from the front of the car.  This
>is a really old car with several PO's and lord knows how many mechanics
>involved.  All of these bolts entered from the front.

No--the bolts on the yoke go in from the front.  In fact, they are a tight
fit in the yoke and are normally left in place.

Most cars I have worked on also have the driveshaft bolts installed from
the front.  In the parts manuals for 1972-74 2000 and early 1600 cars all
the pictures of the driveshaft as a complete unit or "exploded" indicate
that that is the correct orientation for the giubo bolts.  Later cars may
be different.

Dana Loomis