V6 no-idle

Hi Folks-

Any advice on likely culprits for a V6 that quits when the go-pedal is released?

Some hints: after a lengthy suspension R & R, I went to start it up. I forgot the 'do not touch the accelerator' rule and you can guess what happened. A backfire blew off the main air intake hose, but didn't apparently affect anything else. After reattaching the intake, I can start and engine run with throttle open, but when closed at idle, the engine dies immediately. I haven't found another disconnected hose or source of false air. Any hints?

Thanks.

Pat Farrell