Lost in LA, the Biba Chronicle....

Biba asketh:

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:02:07 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: Alfa (Alfa content) Convention maps

[Good attempt at actual Alfa content]

Still, thought I might stop by the concours on the 7th. Hit 'map' on
Netscape which took me to Mapquest (boo hiss). Well over an hour later
(56k modem) had the 'general' direction of how to get there.

What I am about to say So Completely falls under the category of, "If I
was running the show, which I'm not, and which I've not volunteered one
iota of my time to..I would at the very least provide those (in this
particular case) who are Not currently living in Fountain Valley, CA
(everybody coming?) an address, better yet, driving directions.

True, this might all be included in a sort of 'new recruits' first day
training manual, however a few of us might well be skipping
Indoctrination Dayhate short haircuts and long speeches.

Couldja at least give us / me a hint as to which corner of Mile Square
(Regional) Park the concours will be held? And if you're feeling really
generous and I haven't pissed you off too badly, which turnoff from the
405 one would take to come closest to the appropriate corner?

Biba
BadAss newbie / once again AROSC Member
Irwindale, CA USA

Jim respondeth:

Gentle Readers, and Grasshopper (Biba):
As you revealed above, there is a serious need for Alfa Romeo Conventional
participants to find the all the events, including the exhilarating Concours
on Sunday, July 7; fortunately, there are driving instructions for all who
show up and register at AROSC GHQ in Costa Mesa. For others who wish to
attend the Alfiesta Concours, you should proceed somehow (find it on a map)
to the 405 freeway to Euclid Avenue (adjacent to the Santa Ana River in
Fountain Valley), and turn north (away from the ocean). After traveling
slightly more than 1.25 miles (about two kilometers), you'll pass Warner
Avenue and immediately see the park entrance on your left; make a quick left
to that entrance and pay the $4.00 fee (I know, that's a lot of American
dollars to see some way cool Alfas), and turn right while seeking Sections 6
and 7 (the southeast quadrant of this truly Mile Square Park).
Congrats to Biba for returning to AROSC; hope it's kinda like riding a
bicycle!

Jim Barrett
Alfiesta Hospitlity (not a typo)
Huntington Beach (that's right, it's the home of the AROC National BBQ), CA
USA

PS- As much as I've tried, I haven't been able to find you a another, faster
modem- sorry!