Retractable seatbelts in a 105 GTV

Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone else here has fitted retractable seatbelts to
a 105 series GTV? I have a '71 GTV and would like to fit them. I did it once
before in my other GTV but the top mounting point was not close enough to
vertical above the mounting for the reel, and it never retracted strongly at
all.

I have wondered about putting the reel on the inside of the trim panel
beside the rear seats (ie hidden out of sight). Then I would remove the rear
ash trays, and feed the seatbelt webbing through the resulting gap. I would
need to get a new mounting point welded I guess. Very fictitious scenario,
obviously :) Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks,
jeff