Sport Sedan Q-ships

I agree with everything John H. has mused. But, I once worked on a Sport Sedan hot rod which had been very beautifully upgraded including a warmed-up V6 under the hood. It remains the only Sport Sedan resident in my Alfa fantasies. Never drove it, and a twin spark conversion sounds even better.

My first Alfa---and I haven't been at this all that long---was a '78 Sport Sedan that was so well balanced, I could start up one of our switchback to switchback uphills in 2nd gear, right foot flat on the floor, and do nothing but steer, to the top of the hill. It might have been underpowered, but on one memorable AROO tour, the GTV-6 and '67 Sprint GT in front of me were closer at the top than at the bottom. We had everything but high 5's at the next crossroad.

YMWillV,
Joe