RE: a bunch of newbie questions

John Paradiso asks:

Paisani:
I have a 92 Spider Veloce and need some advice/direction from anyone
willing
to indulge me. Here are the things that I'm looking at doing,
experienced
feedback greatly appreciated:

1) Redline gear oil (75w90NS) in the gear box. Anyone have experience
with
BG Synchroshift in Alfa gearboxes?

Forget it, use Shell Spirax

2) Magnecor ignition wires.

Good

3) I need to replace the hoses from the Intake hose to the oil vapor
canister and the idle speed actuator (?) ( the cylindrical Bosch thingy
hanging off the plenum). Suggestions on sources for such things? I've
tried
the catalogs of the usual suspects to no avail. (Please, someone tell me
that I can just waltz into Autozone and pick them up)

Try Alfa Parts in Berkeley, CA

4) Bosch plus four plugs.

Forget them, use either Golden Lodge or NGK BP7ES

5) Draining the oil - Should I use any kind of  "flush stuff" (I do like
technical jargon) or just drain it and add fresh oil?

Just drain and refill with 7 quarts

6) Bosch Oil Filter

Use an OEM, only about 5 bucks anyway - Alfa Parts in Berkeley

In three weeks of owning this car I can say that it is the
quintessential
Italian car. Its a pain in the ass, but a beautiful, even a magnificent,
pain in the ass.

Couldn't agree with you more

Just my two cents

Henrik Johansen