Fw: Alfetta driveshaft removal

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of an engine removal on the 1975 Alfetta, now known as "fatal
attraction". Being a newbie I've read the service manual line by line, page by
page. I've come to the point where I am to remove the driveshaft complete, out
the rear of the car. I've removed the 3 nuts holding the donut to the
flywheel,
the 2 nuts holding the center support bearing in place and 3 bolts holding the
rear donut to the clutch. The engine mounts are loose and the rear engine
mount has been removed. I am suppressing the desire to hoist the engine
forward to get enough room to slide the darn shaft out one way or the other.
The service manual make no mention of having to do this,and I don't want to
screw up something I don't know about yet. Am I thinking the right way or have
I missed something apparent to a more knowledgeable wrench!!!!!  Also I
understand that Victor Rienz is the all time favorite for gaskets. Any
comments on bearings and seals??? Thirdly, I was surprised to find a Shankle
5418 cam in place when I opened her up. Now I staring at some pistons with the
#s 84-57222 stamped in the crown. I'm wondering if the former owners "hot
rodding" went deeper than I thought. Thanks to Biba, Jay, Wes, Steve,Jim and
Ed, for their help thus far and for their support. My mantra, I Can Do This! I
Can Do This! has become the catch phase of "how I spent my summer
vacation..... Thanks in advance.

Peter Chrimes,
Pasadena, Ca.
1975 Fatally Attractive Alfetta