oil filter removal

I spent the day thinking about what this special tool could look like. Tom showed up and unveiled a Channel Lock 460... the 16 inch version. Walked right over to the car, grabbed the oil filter between the jaws and in the first try spun it 2/3 of a turn. Removal was a cinch after that. Tom walked away grinning and saying that "these have never failed him yet".

<insert patented Tim Allen "Huh, huh, huh!" noise here>

Now, THAT'S an oil filter wrench!!
Remembering my first oil change on the 74 Spider.. I did remember to pick up the el cheapo band type wrench, with the filter and Castrol... but didnt notice that the huge spinon was a few sizes too big for it till I was under the car! Of course it wasn't going anywhere.. I NEEDED a wrench.. some kind of leverage...

You probably guessed it.. not good, not bad, we're down to ugly... I got a 6" phillips screwdriver and hammer.. and had a nice "handle" to turn it with. Still tore big gashes and had to make two more holes in it till it loosened up enough to take off.. I don't think I've ever had that much oil on me...

It must be true.. somewhere out there somebody's making a air wrench attachment.. ;-)

Jon