New AR Brerror

In a message dated 6/21/2002 7:45:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> And the particular annoyance is the fact that it is
> highly unlikely we'd ever see something like "Furd Focus" in a
> MT headline.

That is because they still sell Furds in the US. Since Romeo is in either
pronunciation a proper name, it probably would not wind up in spell checkers,
and headers are  not necessarily run through a machine - they depend on real
proofers, who, like the rest of us, can always make a mistake... but if they
are young and underpaid (my guess) they may never have even noticed a marque
not sold locally and so it more easily slipped by.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA