RE: Why price differential in gasket sets?

Kevin,
It's marketing. Iseriously doubt there is a mass manufacturer in the
world that produces their own gaskets. When I worked for Fel-Pro we made
gaskets for many application that were both OEM and aftermarket labeled.
The gasket manufacturers have very close ties with the auto companies and
so there is usually no quality differance between OEM and aftermarket,
unless there is a differance between differant manufacturer's quality.
That is, you are just as likely to get a better aftermarket gasket as an
OEM gasket depending on who is suppling the OEM. In fact, since most large
auto companies go for price, you may be better off with aftermarket quality.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA