Mold smell

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:17:37 EDT
> From: Ciao89@domain.elided

> Anybody know how to remove mold smell from the
> interior of a car?  Had a leak
> in a cargo trailer, put the wet clothes,etc, in the
> car and now I have a
> terrible mold smell.
>
> Elizabeth
> Spider '89

Here are some suggestions:

1. Like Scott says, put the top down and let the
ultra-violet rays from the sun do some of the heavy
lifting. But, this won't get everywhere. Spray the
whole area with a biocide, like Lysol. Particularly,
get it into the areas the sun doesn't hit. When
everything is dry, vacuum the whole car. If you still
have a lingering moldy smell, Put a shallow container
of baking soda under each seat. I did this last step
in a MkII Jaguar I bought after it had been stored in
a chicken coop. It worked very well.

2. Sell the car to someone who is "oraganically
oriented." Advertise it as "An Alfa that has become
one with nature."

3. Sell it in the Pacific Nothwest. Natives of the
area won't notice any difference from the cars they
drive every day.

Paul
Vancouver, WA
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com