re: oops, loose cylinder liner

>there's about 97k miles on this engine, is there
>anything on the bottom end i should check while i'm
>mucking about? maybe replace piston rings (and check
>gooves on pistons for excess wear)?
>
>and while i'm at it, what parts need to be replaced
>when doing a synchro job on the transmission? rings
>and sleeves? or one or the other?

Oh Brothers and Sisters, lower your heads with me and shake them, and spare a
moment to say a few words of farewell to poor Brother Ethan's weekends,
evenings and "discretionary income".  He hath chosen the path for which there
is no redemption, no cure.  Add an extra week to the shipping times from
Centerline, for they shall be inundated with the work of fulfilling Ethan's
requests.  Be careless with your charge cards, for the minions of Visa will be
so distracted trying to keep up with Ethan's demands for increased credit that
they shall not notice the lateness of your meager payment.  Brother Ethan,
look once more upon your loved ones, for soon they will be but a distant
memory and you will find naught is familiar unto you save cast aluminum and
machined iron, and oh so much grease.

And as it is written, so it shall be...