How Hot is too Hot - 67 GTV oil temp

Hi All,

I have a 67 GTV with a 1750 that was rebuilt 2 years ago and runs great.
It a stock rebuild and I drive the car daily. The water temperature run
right at 170 day and night on the gauge. Usually the oil temp runs right
at 170 as well. However, now that summer is, the Oil is hitting 190 in
the afternoon drive (the water is still at 170). This is a freeway drive
at 65 mph.

Does this seem high or is this reading within range for a 30 mile drive
on a 70 degree f. day?

If it is too high, what should I look for- the radiator or thermostat?
Other?

Thanks,

Robert Watson

67 GTV