Re: Enough GTV6 Tea Tray - What about those Louvres?

Mine has holes in the body there--I know because I ran a tube out through them for the fuel tank vent so the car wouldn't get stinky when I refuel.

--On Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:31 AM -0400 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:07:42 -0500
From: "B.D. & Petei Zelazny" <UnltdLtd@domain.elided>
Subject: Enough GTV6 Tea Tray - What about those Louvres?

Okay, I'm seen plenty of theories on the GTV6 tea tray. So now I want to
know why those louvres are for on the back pillars. For years I thought
they provided air-flow through the passenger compartment since the fiber
board above the back deck area have holes, but when I replaced a louvre
recently I found NO opening in the body panel!! So what gives?

I suspect all the plastic (or fiberglas) pieces on the upper body where
added to tie in with the aero skirts.

'nardo
'83 GTV6 with several "unnatural painted" plastic parts w/390,326
(s)miles at the moment