intermittent starting problem - 84 spider

My '84 spider runs good, but has a intermittent
starting problem -

it starts up Ok, then after driving - usually on a hot
day - after stopping and trying to re-start - nothing.
The starter does not operate - I can hear the fuel
pump. Usually if a wait about 10 to 20 minutes or so,
the starter will operate and the car starts right up.

Yesterday, when this happened, I was parked on a
slight hill, put the car in gear and went on my way.

so everything except the starter solenoid and starter
seem to be working.

Could I have a bad ignition switch ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mario Pinto