Buss euro fuses...

I have to heartily second George Graves' recommendation for Buss euro-style fuses.  In fact, a few years back when a local hardware store was discontinuing them, I bought all they had for 50 cents a pack - even though at the time I didn't have any Alfas that used them.  Still don't, in fact.

Another tip, while you're in the fuse block area, is to scrub the contacts with a Dremel tool (you do own a Dremel tool, right?).  They make a nice brass wire wheel bit that cut through the schmung on my first Alfa's fuse block and cured that mysteriously non-functional headlight.

The Buss euro fuses *can* be a bit tricky to find - and then, the assortment one always seems to come across includes fuses our Alfa will never use (I've got a boatload of 25A rattling around the toolbox).  Perhaps we could contact Buss directly and do a bulk order of the common sizes, and put together an Alfa kit.

- Paul Witek