Re: top straps

Digesti:

We recently bought a '92 Spider Veloce our thirteenth Alfa (currently
own two 164's also). We have always owned Alfa sedans or coupes and in
recent years in Texas, of course air conditioned ones. If I have a
little wind whistling in a door seal, my librarian's desire for quiet is
heightened.

Well, . . . the spider, is not the library <g>, noise oh my so many
noises, wind, exhaust, squeaking, mechanical sounds from the lowered
top. But the guy who sold us the spider, he'd instructed us in the
proper use of the straps, so driving with the top down and it jingling
and bouncing behind us, we remembered the straps. Just one noise
eliminated; but irritating one, kind of like a styrofoam cooler
squeeking against the leather in the back seat of the 164 as the car
goes over irregularities in the highway. The good news, something can be
done about both. Also, if it makes our 10 year old top wear less and
last a bit longer, all the better.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett