GTV6 Fuel Pump Wiring help needed

I just replaced what I thought to be a bad fuel pump.  Yet the new one is not
kicking on.  Here's what I am finding:

- With the ignition switch on, I do not have power on either wire going to the
fuel pump. I am assuming one is power but which one?
- I followed the wires to the underside of the back seat and tested for
power... nothing in either wire.
- I pulled the connector on the fuel pump relay and tested the 2 wires
referred to by the shop manual. 88y has power, 88d does not.  Is that right?
Neither wire matches the color of the wires going to the fuel pump.

Is it the relay?  A break in the wires somewhere?  Any help would be much
appreciated!  I am a novice at this stuff so please dumb it down to my level.
Thanks!

Regards,

Robert C. Savi
Principal/Architect