Rusty the spider returns

...12 months after being pulled apart to fix its chassis rust.

It's now back in the garage, I'd forgotten almost completely
what it was like.  While it was on the hoist in the workshop
getting some last minute tidy ups, I began to despair again
over the rust that is bubbling through the sills and lower
guards, but I've resolved to drive it for twelve months.
(The rust is, apparently, all in decorative panels anyway now
and won't spread back to the refinished sills.  At least
that's what the panel beater said).

Given that I know the car will need to be resprayed again,
I specified a "quick, unmatched" paint job on the scuttle
panel at the rear of the car.  The paintwork they did is so
much better than the rest of the car it is painfully
obvious.  No runs, no orange peel, all plastic filler
removed, it looks fabulous and much better than the
car really deserves.

Now I've got to put the interior back in - hopefully not
too onerous a task.

One bright point:  The refurbished suspension and gearbox have
made the car more enjoyable than I remember.  Perhaps there's
hope for the bloody thing yet.

dave.
1978 Alfetta GTV "trusty"
1975 Alfa Spider Veloce "rusty"