Webers, with one 'b'

In AD8-815 Alan ALFAXTC says, among other things, "Alfa's didn't come with
45mm carbs nor Dellortos."

In addition to the twenty-two different Weber, Solex, and Dellorto 40 mm
twin-throat carbs (forty-four if you count fronts and rears) used on various
105 Alfas, 45 mm Webers were standard on Giulia T.I. Supers and GTAs and were
factory-options on many other models. Check plates 17 and 18 in the 1600
coupes parts book, for a start.

If Alfa's parts books are correct (which they often are) Webers were NOT
available on the 2000 Berlina, GT Veloce, or Spider, which came only with
Solex 40 DDH or Dellorto DHLA 40 carbs (or Spica, and later Bosch,
injections.) In my limited experience the Delloros were the more frequent
fitment.

Alan also writes "I know the Dellorto was the original designer on the side
draft Webbers and he later had a fight with the Webber people and started his
own company "Dellorto" and improved on the design."

My understanding is that Eduardo Weber had a very small artisan shop making
aftermarket tuning kits for Fiats in the mid-twenties when he developed his
first twin-choke sidedraft carbs, originally for supercharged engines but
later for naturally aspirated ones. If Dellorto was the innovative brain
behind Weber in the front office, it would be a very interesting story to read
about in greater detail, including the chronology.

Cordially,

John H