Tea tray aesthetic enhancement

The frequently asked question of the rationale for the tea-tray on the GTV 6
has been answered again, but not (to me) convincingly. Until somebody explains
why it was NOT needed on the late Sei, 90, 75, SZ and RZ, the 'functional'
argument (cooking or denting the middle of the hood) seems half a brick shy of
a full load. All of the transverse engined variants would blow the plenum
rearward rather than upward, but the 90 and the Milano used the same plenums
and connectors as the GTV 6, SZ, and RZ and all should need a tea tray (or
"Viewing Port", as the Maratona's was called) just as much.

And I would be VERY interested in a 'functional' explanation for the
asymmetrical 'speed-lines' on the tray -

Coffee guy, myself -

John H.