GTV-6 'slight' electrical bug-a-boo

My alternator light flickers occasionally. The flicker is real fast, maybe
less than a tenth of a second, I catch it out of the corner of my eye when
driving at night, Don't notice it during the day (although I'm sure it does
it during the day, just can't see it as well) Sometimes it flickers just now
and again, other times it does it in 'clusters' where it will blink randomly
but often for a few minutes and then stop for a mile or two. Doesn't SEEM to
be tied to bumps in the road, but its possible that I'm wrong there. Any
suggestions? Do Alternators have brushes which perhaps could be worn?
Thanks for any and all advice.

George Graves