Re: HVAC Removal on GTV6

You shouldn't have to remove the HVAC unit to get the dash out. Anyway, it's held in by four (IIRC) bolts on the top of it that you have to get to by either removing the dash, or removing the central instrument cluster. Or maybe my memory is completely wrong and those bolts are what holds the dash in. Good luck.

--On Wednesday, June 12, 2002 5:29 PM -0400 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:43:24 -0600
From: "Robert Savi at TechStyle Computers, Inc"
<savi@domain.elided> Subject: HVAC Removal on GTV6

I am in the process of repairing the dashboard on my 86 GTV6 and am
wondering how to detach the HVAC unit from the main dash.  I removed the
two screws on either side of the unit, but it has not budged.  I have
also moved the stereo console and I see a metal bracket that has 6 screws
in it.  Do all those need to be removed?  I just need about 2" of space
to slide in the dash cap. Thanks!