talent and professioanlism

In a message dated 6/11/2002 9:37:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> IMHO it is lacking that Alfa flair. Sure it's got the grill but that's about
> it. I say barfo.
>
> How can the Brera be so gorgeous and this thing look like such crap?

That's an easy one - the Brera was penned by Italdesign.  I am not sure where
the sketch for the 157 came form, but to my eyes it looks like it has been
around a committee, probably several times.

OTOH, and from a non-Alfa, non-aesthetic POV, it is possible the proposed
design is done with holding per-unit costs in mind, while the Brera is a
one-off design exercise that seems to pretty much ignore practical realities.

This is OUR FAULT, as Alfa buyers are known to be CHEAP.  FIAT would be crazy
to put a damn-the-expenses-but-great car into production when the market it's
targeting is known to be price-conscious and when they already have at least
two superpremium products on the showroom floor...most especially when there
is just about zero chance they will spend the money to build the brand up.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA