Re: '76 Spider seat Questions

> 1. Are the drivers and passenger seats
> interchangeable? I
> know which is which, but I may want to switch them
> due to
> less wear on the passenger seat cushion.

The bottom cushions are interchangable.  I forget
about the backs, but think they might have slight
differences at the bottom.  I seem to remember that
you can dissasemble them down to the point where the
hardware can be swapped to another seat.

> 2. Where do the thick metal spacers under the
> mounting
> points go? Specifically front, back, drivers side,
> passenger side. I remember both being under the
> passenger
> seat, but it was long ago when they came out, so
> maybe one
> does go under the drivers seat. Maybe they both do,
> can't recall.

Based on the comments below, maybe the go on the
passemger side to raise the seat and avoid the
interference between the bar and bolt.

I purchased my spider with a stripped interior, and
never say those washers.  If you find out definitively
where they go, please let me know.

> 3. On the passenger seat, the 1/2 inch metal rod on
> the
> back inside of the seat base hits the seatbelt bolt
> head,
> preventing the seat from going all the way back. The
> rod
> seems unnecesasary since the back of the seat
> latches on
> the other side of the seat. Has anyone else had this
>
> problem? Any good solution other than griding it
> back a
> bit?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason Glover