Re:TS = more power?

> One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that compittions heads came in 60
>and 90 degree versions.  The Alfetta  also had a 16 valve head with what
>looks like a pent-roof, flat pistons and single plug.  The GTAm is also
>listed with a 60 degree head, flat pistons and twin-spark which would
>seem to indicate that ALFA used a lot less of a hemisphere on this
>engine.  In the case of the Am, I'm left to feel that the twin spark is
>primarly to allow larger valves.

BZZZZT.

Yes, it allows larger valves. BUT--dual plugs also greatly shorten the
flame travel distance in a two valve hemi. The plug is centrally located in
a four valve pent-roof, thus eliminating the problem in a different way.

Any claim that a shorter flame travel/shorter burn time does not increase
power and efficiency to a reasonably significant degree simply demonstrates
a deep ignorance of pretty basic thermodynamic principals!

Greg