My new GTV1750, and a few questions

Hi,

After waiting and searching for about two years I have finally purchased a
really nice '71 GTV1750 series II. Good history, two previous owners, and
there's been lots and lots of money spent on it over the years. The body and
most of the mechanical items were overhauled with no expense spared, but it
was done about 60K miles ago.

I have a few questions though. This GTV is very original, but not having
seen many others, it is hard to know exactly how things should be.

1. when I turn on high-beam, the two outer low-beam lights turn off. Is this
correct? It seems odd.

2. the oil pressure gauge only rises to around 3/4 when driving. Also, the
red oil pressure warning light takes a while to go out after starting the
car. Any thoughts on why this would be?

3. There is a slight shudder in the driveline when I move away from a
standstill. What could that be?

4. Are reprints of the original owner's manual available anywhere in the
world? I have the original one, but somewhere along the line it got wet and
all the pages are stuck together.

5. Second gear is useless for the first 5 or 10 minutes. I literally can't
get into second without using more force than I would like, so I have to
skip straight to third. In every other respect the gearbox seems very good.
My first well-worn GTV1750 wasn't like this; I could double-declutch and get
it into second when cold if I was patient and gentle enough in the gear
change.

6. I only got the ignition key with the car. Is it possible to a) get keys
cut from the original key numbers (which I have), and b) to get key blanks
that match the ones supplied from new? Also, were there just the two keys,
ignition and doors? It would seem odd that the door key would also unlock
the boot (trunk) handle lock and the glove-box.

Thanks for your thoughts and knowledge!

Jeff
Brisbane, Australia