Stripped Nut/Stud on SPICA Filter Housing

I have regularly changed the oil and filters on my 74 Spider every 3000
miles since 1974 without problems.

Today, I changed the oil and filters. As I'm cruising around I notice
smoke coming from the rear of the Spider. I immediately pulled off the
interstate and could clearly see oil coming from the bottom of the SPICA
filter area.
I had stripped the bottom nut or stud of the filter housing and thus the
plate could not
contain the oil in the filter chamber. I used up about 3 quarts of oil
so I'm hoping I didn't do any damage to the engine.

How can I go about fixing this stripped nut/stud?

Did the engine suffer damage from the oil loss?

Jon