Re:Alfa V6, 6-throttle setup

What are you trying to improve with 6 throttles?  Throttle shafts do
horrid things to air flow.  You may not improve anything if you use 6
throttles with the shafts at right angles to the valve stems.  A common
throttle feeding a plenum of at least 55% of engine displacement can be
very efficient at getting the cylinders filled.  With a conventional
butterfly you can kill part throttle torque do to port turbulence caused
by edge diffraction and sheer.  Using a center opening throttle like
Swdendeltons (sp?) will solve the sheer, but will not be cheep. Before I
went to the trouble of building the 6 throttle system, I would look at
the port on a flow bench with the intake stub and plenum, then build a
mach up stub with a throttle shaft in it and see what it did to flow.
Also rotate the shaft with respect to the valve stem to find the best
relationship between the 2.

If I can clear up any of the disjointed rabbling above please feel free
to contact me

Chris Hall