re: new toy...

At 1:58 AM -0400 6/8/2, alfa-digest wrote:
Isn't that the rebodied Fiat 124 Spider?
No, not at all. It does use the same engine as said Fiat and is arguably "not a real Lancia," but the engine is turned sideways and driving the wrong wheels, i.e. they are completely different cars. (I've never seen them side-by-side, but it would seem to me that the Lancia is somewhat larger, also.) There was also a coupe and an interesting hatchback in the Beta range, and maybe a sedan too, but if the sedan I'm thinking of is a Beta, it looks totally different. As indicated above, they use the Lampredi twincam of Fiat Spider fame (a USA '82 would be 2.0 w/ Bosch L-Jetronic injection).

Joe
'82 GTV6
'73 Opel