re: Engine heatup rate... thermostat issues?

In AD v8n789, Don wrote:

> Mine takes at LEAST 20 minutes to reach an operating temperature ...
<snip>
> I'm asking because I wonder if my thermostat isn't closing all the way ...
<snip>

Don - could well be your thermostat. Many fail open, then slam shut and your
poor engine overheats quickly. AMHIK

Thermostats are fairly easy to replace on most Alfas, although I don't have
experience with the '88 Spiders. Fairly cheap insurance, too. Thermostat and
gasket is about $20 or so from Alfa, less from a generic store.

Tom
Seattle
10123
11615 (getting ready for the Convention Caravan down the left coast ...)