Canvas Top Question

How would one go about streching out a canvas top? The top in question is on a friends Spider that has been sitting in a garage for a couple of years with the top down (I know, I know, it should have been stored with the top up). It is now impossible to get the top to latch shut because the canvas top has shrunk since the last time the top was up. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Paul
'84 Spider Veloce