Re: Canvas Top Question

Paul,

Hot towels.  Put the top up as far as you can get it,
then soak a couple of big bath towels in very hot
water.  Plop them on the top.  The heat will relax the
top fibers and make it easier to stretch.

You may, of course, want to put some DRY towels down
on the seats first. :-)

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon