2000 crank pulley nut size

    The early Alfa 2000 had an enclosed cap nut that extended down into the pulley.  It required a 38 mm socket.
    Later Alfa 2000 used a normal nut that takes a 36 mm socket.  The crankshafts are the same and inter changeable.  The crankshaft pulley / harmonic balancers can be interchanged if you change the nut at the same time.
    If you can see the threads on the nose of the crankshaft, it is 36 mm.  If not, it is 38 mm.  At least that is my experience.
    As near as I can tell the change over for spiders happened sometime around 1982.  I know all my Bosch spiders take the 36 mm socket and my 74 GTV is 38 mm.  I am not sure about the Alfetta.
     I know all the V-6's I have worked on were 41 mm.  That excludes the wrong wheel drive 164 about which I know nothing and hope to keep it that way.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City