Re: intake 2.0

Ted Williams spake thusly:

>To reassess: I am replacing my intake manifold on my 78 Alfetta Sedan. >The replacement manifold I have is slightly different than the one I
>took off the car. The one that came off the car has what appears to be
>a vacuum line that screws into the front of the manifold, right behind >the throttle body.

This sounds like the vacuum line that goes back to the vapor canister near the fuel tank (to collect those gassy fumes)  Disconnecting it would compromise the emissions system, but not so as you'd notice.

It sounds like your "new" intake came off a Spider. I seem to recall that vacuum line passing over the intake and connecting to a small piece of tubing that slid onto a fitting on the oil separator hose thing that was bolted to the valve cover.  (got that?  whew!)

I'd guess drilling and tapping the replacement manifold would be okay.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this entirely.

- Paul Witek