Euro 105 headlights

Both low-beam headlights on my 71 Giulia Super recently stopped working
within a 24-hour period.  I've learned to check the fuses first when these
things happen, but in this case, it was the lamps; the low-beam filaments
had burned out on both sides.  This car has the original Carello headlights
with the old-style removable lamps inside--the ones with the large round
globes.  This type of bulb is impossible to find around here and I needed
to get the lights working for the car's mandatory state safety inspection,
so I installed 60/55 W H4s.  The H4s fit, work perfectly, and allowed the
car to pass inspection.  I'm wondering, though, whether there is any reason
to worry about either the old Carello light units or the car's electrical
system being up to the job.  I wouldn't think so, as I've used H4s in many
other cars, but this car's lighting system is new to me and others have
more experience with it.

Dana Loomis