Re: SPICA tune up

I must respectfully disagree with Dean Cains in his advice that the "AROO
tune-up procedure is easier to follow and yields the same results..."

It is imperative if you have no history of "checking the throttle bellcrank,
synchronization, etc.,..." even if your car HAS recently run well.

I made my name in this area fixing all of the screwed up SPICA set-ups where
people had used the throttle stop or the butterfly equalizer screw to adjust
idle speed. Over 75% of the cars I initially see have their initial settings
not to spec.

The AROC Spica manual is a must if only to survey the collected wisdom AND
EXPERIENCE of those much more familiar with the system than most. It is a
worthwhile purchase if you treat the TA as the symptom, you will surely not
fix the disease....

-Peter Krause