Attention Bay Area Alfisti!

This is weekend is the ARA Caverns Tour.  This is a joint tour between the
Alfa Romeo Association of Northern California and FIAT America.

The Amador Inn may already be full, but your welcome to join us for the day
or make your own arrangements for accomodations.

The follow is the blurb from Overheard Cams, ARA's newletter, with details of
the tour...

Caverns Tour - 2002

Spring is approaching.  That means tour time!  Since last year's Caverns Tour
was a great success, I'm organizing another one for the weekend of June 1st
and 2nd.  This year we'll visit two different caverns: Moaning Cavern and
Mercer Caverns.   Inspired by my recent tour with FIAT America, this year I
intend to plan the driving route more carefully.  That means as little time
on the freeway as possible!

We will assemble Saturday morning in the Sears parking lot at Southland Mall
in Hayward.  Please be there by 8:45 for a briefing on the tour route.  We
will be heading out at 9:00.  Last year we left early!

After lunch, we'll head over to Moaning Cavern at about 2 p.m. for a
45-minute family walking tour.  Tours cost $10 per person.  For the more
adventurous, there's an Adventure Trip which begins with an optional rappel.
The adventure trip last 3 hours and, of course, costs more.  The afternoon
will be open for road exploring, wine tasting, or just relaxingb& whatever
suits you.

I have reserved a block of rooms at the Best Western Amador Inn.  Call them
at 1(800) 543-5221 and tell them you're with the Alfa Romeo club to receive
the group rate ($73 + tax for 2 persons).  Call by May 18th in order to be
guaranteed a room in our block.

Another option is camping at one of the many area campsites.  Let me know if
this interests you and I'll find out more information.

Sunday morning we will assemble again at about 10 a.m. for a short drive over
to Mercer Caverns for a 45-minute walking tour.  Tours cost $8 adult and
$4.50 child..

This year's Caverns Tour should be even more fun than last year's.  Please
e-mail me so I can get an idea of how many people are interested.

Hope to see you there!
Brian Paland
brianpal10@domain.elided