Valve clearance spec ?

Hi,

    Going through my old red Shankle catalog I found the clearance spec'd for
the 7L ranked cams was .006 intake and .008 exhaust. This is much smaller
than the .019 intake and .021 exhaust that is typical of most of the Alfa
cams listed. Even the special grinds weren't smaller than .010 and .012
respectively. The race grinds were .016 and .022.
    Has anyone used this cam set to these specs? Is there something unusual
about this particular cam, ramp spec, or lack of one, that requires such a
tight clearance?

TIA,

Steve Smith
Carlsbad, CA