RE: Re[2]: Berlinas

> i've never looked at weights for the 115 series coupe and sedan. for the
> first couple of years, the US market Alfetta Sedan actually was shown in
> factory docs to be a few tens of pounds lighter than the GT.
>
> that all changed when they restyled the Alfetta Sedan into the
> Sports Sedan
> and added a few hundred pounds in the process.

Not quite few hundred lbs, but I wouldn't have believed even 170 lbs if I
hadn't looked it up.  The weight of the GT stayed the same.  Curious..

1971 GTV 2292 lbs			Berlina 2442 lbs
1974 GTV 2305 lbs			Berlina 2590 lbs
1975 Alfetta GTV 2710 lbs	Alfetta Sedan 2690 lbs
1979 Sprint Veloce 2710 lbs	Sport Sedan 2860 lbs

> > Nick Fonte was *very* competitive in his Alfetta at our Lime Rock event
last
> > month.  Low 1:06's in his street driven Alfetta, that was around a
second
> > off the FTD of a very hot 3.0 GTV6.  Mighty impressive driving, well
> > balanced and set up car.
>
> anyone know any details about his setup? if my car ever returns to the
> track, it needs a lot of tuning and tweaking to be at all fast.

Nicks car probably isn't ITB legal, but then again it's not gutted - it's a
full street car, bumpers (Euro stainless), interior, etc.  It's got some
work done to the motor, Electromotive ignition, GTV6 suspension, and
probably some other neat stuff.

And one pretty good driver.

> on the other hand, ITB times are pushing into 1:03s and 1:04s at lime
rock,
> and this in cars that are supposed to have stock cams and stock type
> pistons. on a good day, rick pocock's ITB 115 spider probably could have
> taken that 3.0 GTV6.

Rick turned a 1:03.9 in his Spider, never equalled that time.  I'm sure that
a seasoned veteran could have taken the 3.0 GTV6 faster than 1:05 too, but
we're talking casual time trialers here.  A 1:05 at Lime rock is a pretty
damned fast time, especially for a time trialer who might run 4-5 events per
year.

I thought all ITB Alfa motors were 2.2 liters with Ingram pumps and wild
cams ;)

bs