Alfa Museo

I have just returned from Italy. Before I went I posted a message on the
digest asking for advice on how to get to the Museo. I was grateful to
receive no less than 10 replies, a couple of which were very detailed and
included train & bus numbers, etc.

For the record, here's how to get there from Milano. Take the M1
underground to QT8 station, then walk outside and catch the 213 bus whose
last stop is Alfa Romeo. The bus station is beside a park about 50m from
the station. You buy tickets from the newsstands and its all pretty
straightforward. The return buses seem to be less frequent than those going
there and seem to be geared to shift ends for the factory. There is
certainly a returning bus at 5:30pm and from memory one at 3:30pm. It would
pay to plan your visit to coincide with the return bus timetable.

The museum is open Monday to Friday, but unfortunately I misread this
somehow and I went on Saturday. I arrived at Alfa Romeo to find a guard in
the guard house whose only English seemed to be "Museo shut". So I was
standing at the guard house trying to figure out what to do next, when a
whole lot of Giulia's and other old Alfa's started turning up. Eventually,
I found a driver who could speak English and was able to learn that the
Resistar Italiano Alfa Romeo was meeting there to celebrate the fortieth
anniversary of the Giulia. Once I explained that I owned 2 Alfa's, I was
invited in and discovered that the Museum had been especially opened for
the Register. So, I had a great couple of hours in the Museo with the (Rome
based) Italian Register and yet again was astounded at the camaraderie that
exists between Alfa owners.

One of the emails that I received with directions to the Museo was from
Mark Mathews who repeated about 10 times that everyone is friendly in Italy
and he is certainly right. I would encourage anyone going anywhere near
Milano to look in at the Alfa Museum.

Doug Gould
Melbourne, Australia
1985 White GTV6
1991 Blue 164L
1959 Blue VW Beetle (From Grandma's estate - 43,000 miles)