pilot bushing

I'm trying to remove the crankshaft pilot bushing on a 1600 engine and not
having much luck.  I tried using the grease in the hole method with an old
transmission output shaft as a punch but the grease just squished out through
the sloppy clearance.  I then tried using electrical tape to take up the
clearance but the grease just pushed the tape back.  I made a little hook to
use with my slide hammer but there isn't enough lip on  the rear end of the
bushing for it to catch.  What next, experts?  Thanks in advance.

Bill Sinclair
'67 Duetto
Hampton, VA