Alfetta drive shaft

In #767 Wayne comments: "I put the dedion and transaxle back in place
and the rear giubo is about 1/4 inch short of meeting up with the 3
eared flange on the front of the transaxle."

*********

When I was going through 'the process' a few months back, Zach reminded
me to install donuts / guibos in their 'longest configuration'. Take a
good look at them and figure out if you have all mounted correctly. If
not...

Possibly you might be able to gain a bit by loosening the upper rear
transaxle mount. It's not apparent but the hole for the large bolt is
elongated (or as I prefer, ovalated). Loosen it a fair amount, but
obviously don't remove. Squirt a little WD-40 (or?) behind the washers
on both sides and take a sturdy 2" x 4" and pry the transaxle forward
using the DeDion tube as the leverage point. Don't go overboard as you
don't want to tweak the tube and the transaxle might already be as far
forward as it will go.

I'd mark the rear edge of one of the washers so you can see if it has
moved and how much. With luck, you might get an 1/8 to 1/4" of forward
movement.

While this sounds easier, I would double check the mounting on the
donuts and rectify first if necessary before trying to move the
transaxle forward.

Let us know if it works and be careful while under there especially if
you use the pry method.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA