Alfetta drive shaft

Hey all y'all,
I have finally had a few moments and got back to the Alfetta.  I had
previously failed in several attempts to install the rebuilt drive shaft.  I
had even dropped the front of the transaxle.  There was just not enough
room.  I took it apart at the center giubo and installed the front in no
time at all.  All subsequent attempts to join the two failed as i just could
not get the center spherical joint to go together.  Out came the front
section and the two pieces went together on the first try.  Back under the
car, the rear of the front section hits the cross bar and the front giubo
catches on the seam where the firewall wraps over and rearward into the
driveshaft tunnel.  I got a cargo strap from the pick-up bed and looped it
around the front of the drive shaft and slipped a 2x4 through the strap.
Laying on my back with my body sticking out from under the (US) drivers side
and my right leg putting as much pressure on the 2x4 and at the same time
pushing forward on the drive shaft it finally and slowly slid into place.
the front joint went right together, as well as the center support.  I put
the dedion and transaxle back in place and the rear giubo is about 1/4 inch
short of meeting up with the 3 eared flange on the front of the transaxle.
Anybody care to guess, or even better anyone already done this before and
have the solution.  I had two of the 3 eared flanges for the front of the
transaxle.  they looked the same, could they be different?
If i could only find the other one again.  The exasperation factor is
rising.

thanks for any and all suggestions and information,

wayne abbott
durham, nc
76 Alfetta GT
86 Spider
87 Milano Gold, very soon to be desperately seeking a new place to rest, or
even a new home.