Re: 164LS CD Changer Cartridges

Paul,

I believe you are pretty much correct about the unavailablity of CD changer
cartridges.  When I bought my '95 164Q used, it was missing the cartridge.  I
tried every place.  Eventually I located one through Alfa Parts in Berkeley,
but it was just a freak occurrence that they happened to have one.  The
changer (at least in the Q) is actually a Fujitsu Ten changer manufactured for
Alfa Romeo.  I think there were a couple of Fujitsu Ten models used in the
164, and if you're lucky and don't have the same changer I have, you could
possibly order a cartridge through a Fujitsu Ten dealer or from Alfa Parts.  I
ordered from the Fujitsu Ten dealer, but when the cartridge came in it didn't
fit, so I had to return it.  I then ordered from Alfa Parts, but the cartridge
was identical and also didn't fit.  However, Alfa Parts just happened to have
another slightly different cartridge that belonged to one of the owners, and
they did an exchange.

I guess I would just find a Fujitsu Ten dealer, order a cartridge, and return
it if it doesn't fit.  The dealer told me that there was only one 12-disc
Fujitsu Ten changer, so you won't have a problem determining which model to
order for.

Anyone on the digest have conflicting or confirming knowledge?

Ray Clemo