Odometer broken, speedo fine

Hi

Today I noticed that the odometer and trip meter on my 91 Spider have
stopped working. It was fine last week. The speedometer is still working
however.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
BTW, given the discussion on speedometer lubricant a couple of weeks ago,
who would like to suggest that I use odometer lubricant ... poor joke, I know!
Many thanks

Simon